The library will provide tours to groups with advance notice.
| Elementary School or|
Kid's Department Tours
| Junior High or High School Tours||616.355.3708|
| Adult Education Tours||616.355.3718|
| General Building Tours||616.355.3728|
The Reference Department offers limited proctoring services at no cost. Please contact us in advance if you’d like to arrange to take a test. We can accommodate standard or online examinations for most institutions. Call 616.355.3720 or email email@example.com.
Here’s a great way to get everything you need for your next book group. Each Book Group To Go contains twelve books, reviews and author biography, plus discussion questions. Bags may be checked out for six weeks and can be reserved online. To search the list of books available and/or make a reservation for a book bag, go to our homepage, choose the Resources link, choose Books, and click on the Reserve a Book Group to Go button. There is a large variety of fiction and nonfiction titles to choose from. Questions? Call the Reference Desk at 616.355.3720.
The Friends of Herrick District Library (FOHDL) are pleased to accept donations of books, magazines and audiovisual materials in good condition for addition to the library's collection or for sale at the Book Nook located in the lower level of the main library. Please bring your donations to the Reference Services Desk.
Items we do not accept: National Geographic Magazines, musty materials, Reader's Digest Condensed books, encyclopedias more than five years old.
The North Side Branch will accept limited donations of current materials.
The library has two study rooms available for small group study or quiet meetings. They are located on the south end of the building, behind the Reference Services Desk. Study rooms may be reserved up to three days in advance by calling the Reference Services Desk at 616.355.3720.
Study Room Guidelines
- The purpose of the library's Quiet Study Rooms is to provide space for quiet group study of library materials.
- The Padnos Reading Room is also a designated quiet zone.
- Study Rooms are available free of charge during library hours.
- The library reserves the right to schedule these rooms for library functions and services as needed.
- Study Rooms are not intended for social or for-profit functions.
- Study Room use is scheduled in two hour blocks. Aditional blocks may be added when available, after the initial time has been used.
- Those wishing to use the Study Rooms must sign in at the Reference Services Desk.
- You may reserve rooms up to three days in advance.
- Unattended items will be removed from the room.
- The library is not responsible for loss.
- Noise should be kept to a reasonable level, as rooms are not soundproof.
- Rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition.
Anyone failing to abide by the policies governing use of the Quiet Study Rooms may be denied future use of the rooms.